Usually the insurance declaration page is at the front of an insurance policy. The insurance declaration page provides the essentials of the insurance policy. Things typically seen on an insurance declaration page would include:
- Name and Address of the Policy Holder and Insurance Company
- Information on How to Contact the Insurance Company for Questions or a Claim
- What the Insurance Policy is For and How Much Coverage
- How Long the Insurance Policy is Valid
- Any Endorsements, Additions, Changes or Discounts on the Policy
It is also important to note that the insurance declaration page is not considered proof of insurance. Usually, like with a car insurance policy, there is a proof of insurance card provided with the policy. Also, keeping a handy copy of one's insurance declaration page can be a valuable resource if the need arises to file an insurance claim. In addition, one should always review their insurance declaration page to make sure everything is correct such as their name, address, and insurance policy amounts.